In today’s world, we want everything to be done quickly, taking as little time as possible. We hate when processing a credit card takes longer than paying cash, which is why mobile credit card processing comes as a boon. Business is always changing, so are the operations. Every salesman knows the value of a credit card. If a product or a service is to be sold, and the customer has a credit card on him, then converting that lead into a successful transaction would be a matter of minutes. However there is a catch; you need to have a credit card processing terminal. But this catch can leave you stranded if you are in the middle of a business proposition at a fair, or in the subway or even in a diner.
This problem has been solved with the help of mobile credit card processors like Pay Anywhere. With this facility, you do not need to carry a costly wireless terminal or tire your fingers on a manual card imprinter. You just need to install a small application on your mobile phone and you can accept credit cards anywhere and anytime.
Since mobile credit card processing is the way to go, let’s look at some of its advantages:
- Real time validation and card processing.
- A competitive fees per transaction and flexible rates.
- Collaboration and compatibility with various payment gateways.
- Online management and integration with accounting software.
Business is all about profit and loss, therefore before buying a mobile credit card processing solution from a vendor, one needs to find out where it stands on the profit-loss scale. One needs to look at the following characteristics while buying a mobile credit card processing solution:
1. Pricing – All the service providers will claim to have the lowest rates, but that is not the final cost. There are several additional fees besides the rates provided. There is a fee each time a card is processed. The fee for each transaction is further divided into two parts; the base rate and the processing rate. These differ based on your payment gateway and the merchant account. Now, one service might be higher than the other, therefore you need to decide and find which combination is better for your business.
2. Compatibility – Most of the credit card processing app are compatible with a number of cell-phones, including iPhone’s, BlackBerry’s, and Android smartphones. So, you definitely need to check whether that app works on your phone or not.
3. Additional Features – These days application vendors provide you not only with the facility to accept credit cards but also capture signatures on the device, deduce sales tax, manage customer info, email or text receipts, and even accept tips. However, this depends on the phone and the network you are using.
4. Ease of use – While buying a mobile credit card processing application, you also need to check the user interface. The better the user interface is, the easier it will be for you to operate.
5. Security – The most important aspect before buying the app is security. One has to make sure that the app is PCI compliant and uses SSL encryption. This reassures the customer that his bank account is safe, and there can be no misuse of the credit card.
Mobile credit card processing is one technology that moves us closer to the future. A boon in the business industry, it definitely helps in the generation of revenues.